The Short Answer
Content Marketing is free, valuable content to entice leads into becoming buyers and to keep customers coming back. Examples of content marketing are videos, eBooks, blogs and podcasts.
Copywriting is text that alerts a prospect/client of an offer and entices them to take action, such as making a purchase or signing up for your subscriber list. Example of copywriting are direct mail, web copy or advertisements.
The Long Answer
Content marketing and copywriting go hand in hand — you can’t have one without the other.
Great content can fall flat without effective copywriting, and great copywriting will only get you so far if the content is subpar.
Let’s take a closer look.
Where Copywriting Falls Short
- Boring headlines: if your reader isn’t tempted to click, your exceptional writing will go unread.
- Doesn’t solve a problem: your content must share an insight or offer Otherwise, it has no value to the reader.
- No trust: if your content doesn’t appear to come from a reputable source, readers won’t buy it. Trust is key in effective content marketing.
- No specific call-to-action: you have to tell your readers what the next steps Otherwise, you’ll miss out on the opportunity to convert them.
- Not relatable: buyer make decisions heavily based on emotion; weave personal stories and anecdotes into your content, displaying that you under your audience’s problems.
Where Content Marketing Falls Short
- Not entertaining: you can’t rely on the draw of information alone; readers want to be entertained and delighted. Make your content highly readable, enjoyable and attractive.
- Writing for SEO: search engines will help get your content in front of readers, but you must write with a people-first mindset.
- Stingy: people love anything that is FREE, but just because it’s free doesn’t mean readers won’t expect value. Be generous with your content and only offer that which will benefit and impress the Otherwise, they won’t come back for more.
Bringing It All Together
The perfect marriage of content marketing and copywriting is an approach which puts forth a sales message filled with valuable content that does not sound too “salesy.”
We Can Help
We’re so confident in our content marketing services that we’re offering a FREE Business Booster call to prospective clients.
Schedule your FREE consultation call! Contact us today.