Video marketing is becoming a priority for marketing teams across all industries and sectors. Incorporating video marketing strategies has become more crucial than ever before. An increasing number of consumers rely on video platforms and social media to learn more about a product and brand.
The demand for video content from consumers has grown steadily year after year and shows no signs of slowing down. Recent studies have found that 54% of consumers want their favorite brands to create more video content. Additionally, an estimated 91% of businesses now use video as a marketing tool as of 2023. In fact, the highest-ever proportion of marketing experts (96%) now value video as an ‘important part’ of their overall marketing strategy.
However, developing and launching an effective video marketing strategy can be a hefty undertaking if you’re new to video marketing. There are multiple factors to consider before posting videos to your website, social media platforms like Instagram or TikTok, or channels like YouTube. Furthermore, you need a strategy in order to make a great first impression on your target audience.
ContentFirst Marketing can tackle the heavy lifting to developing video content that works. Our team of marketing specialists can help transform your business by making video marketing a profitable cornerstone of your marketing efforts.
In the meantime, consider the following tips to help shape your video marketing strategy and ensure the highest ROI possible.
Start with a Video SEO Strategy
Search engine optimization (SEO) isn’t just for written content on your website, blogs, and social media posts – it’s also essential for your video marketing strategy.
The first step is to conduct research on the best keywords that will skyrocket your videos to the top of the search results. Bear in mind that while there are likely to be some similarities between the keywords you use in written content and visual media like videos, there may also be some differences. However, an expert marketing partner can help identify the keywords and phrases that will make your videos stand out online.
Once you have the keywords to apply to each video, you’ll want to ensure they are included in the video titles, video descriptions, and associated links. Link building is another solid way to organically boost your SEO. Therefore, it is important to incorporate internal and external links whenever possible for an automatic boost in search engine rankings.
Optimize Your Videos for Mobile Viewing
In 2022, adults spent an average of five hours a day on their phones, and mobile phones generated more than 60% of all website traffic. As such, it’s more important than ever to ensure that your videos are easily accessible and optimized for every device –especially mobile phones.
Determine the Right Channels for Your Videos
All video channels, websites, and social media platforms have different demographics. That is why it is necessary to determine the right channels to broadcast your videos, which requires a little research on your target audience. However, you’ll want to include your video content in virtually all the social media platforms and online marketing resources you use every day, which consist of the following:
- Your website – You want to ensure that any video you produce is readily available on your website, complete with SEO friendly tags, titles, and descriptions.
- YouTube and Vimeo – You’ll also want to create your video channel on YouTube, Vimeo, and all the top video sites on the internet for added exposure.
- Social media – Videos can be shared on every social media page your company manages, including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and more. Be sure to share your videos across all platforms, especially on multimedia-dependent social media channels like TikTok and Instagram.
- Email campaigns – Videos can also be embedded into the direct communications you have with email subscribers. Simply embed them into your emails with an email campaign builder, and ensure that titles, descriptions, etc., are included for recipients with outdated email service providers.
Research Relative Content and Identify Elements that Grabs Attention
Before you can start creating and sharing videos, you’ll need an in-depth understanding of what grabs the most attention. A strategic marketing consultant can help develop a comprehensive strategy based on extensive research and expertise. However, there are a few initial tricks you can use to identify how to connect with your audience.
Research Your Competitors
- Examine their videos on social media, and pay particular attention to likes, shares, and comments. This will give you a rough idea of which videos your competition posted that grabbed attention and resonated and which didn’t.
Look at the Top-performing Videos
- Examine big corporations and brands and determine which recent videos they have posted that have gone viral.
Consider Your Target Audience
- Your current and future consumers will help determine the exact type of content to create, from the style to the verbiage, to the video length.
Expand Your Business with Video Marketing
Why use video marketing in your overall marketing initiatives? Because it works.
ContentFirst can give you the research, tools, and resources you require to launch a video marketing campaign that will show demonstrative results.
We offer a suite of video marketing services, from the initial research on SEO and content to the production of the videos themselves. Together, we can develop a strategy to captivate your audience’s attention and edge you ahead of your competitors.
Develop an Effective Video Marketing Strategy with ContentFirst Marketing
We will help you attract more customers, increase your brand’s visibility, and develop meaningful engagement with your audience. As a result, this will help you reach your marketing goals in company-wide growth.
Video marketing is a game changer and cornerstone of today’s marketing campaigns. With video content on a meteoric rise that shows no signs of slowing down, developing a complete video marketing strategy that results in a high ROI isn’t just advisable – it’s required for a business to thrive.
We’re standing by to start a conversation about how we can put our video marketing services to work for you. With ContentFirst Marketing as your marketing resource, partner, and guide, you can put your company on the map with video content that will capture and hold your audience’s attention.