With more than one billion users, Instagram is one of the most effective online marketing tools today. It can attract traffic, increase sales, and make your brand recognizable with the right approach. One billion people is a massive audience, so how can you ensure your brand stands out? Tailoring your content for Instagram SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the way to go if you want to appear at the top of search results.
A digital marketing strategy focused on Instagram SEO can improve your visibility by aligning search engine keywords with keywords that relate to your brand. If you’re unsure where or how to start, the experienced digital marketing team at ContentFirst.Marketing has all the resources to set you up for success. Therefore, getting the right audience to notice your brand in search engine results will eventually increase your likes, views, followers, and shares. ContentFirst.Marketing is here to help you achieve your marketing goals.
What is Instagram SEO?
Instagram SEO is a strategic approach to optimizing your content so that you rank higher and increase your visibility in search results. With strong Instagram SEO, using the right keyword or hashtag helps your profile or content appear on the search results list.
In the past, Instagram searching was limited to hashtags or other accounts. Today, users can search via interests, so you can use different general terms and keywords to search for your query. Instagram then pulls up all the results containing the keyword that is searched.
What Makes Instagram SEO Different?
Instagram has built-in search functions that act like a mini-Google. This makes the platform operate like its own search engine. Instagram SEO works differently from other popular search engines like Google. The difference is that you don’t need to add hashtags within traditional search engines. With Instagram SEO, hashtags are highly emphasized and play an essential role in search and Instagram discoverability. If someone searches any specific term, then all accounts containing that certain word appear in the search results.
Instagram accounts and profiles with more likes, shares, and followers secure higher ranks in search results. There are other Instagram SEO factors, but hashtags are central to its SEO and algorithm. In fact, it is so important that there is even a separate hashtag search option available.
Something else that also makes Instagram SEO different is that the keywords and hashtags in your username and bio are factored more heavily than those in your captions. When your post gains tons of likes and shares, your profile will eventually rank higher in relevant searches on the audience’s explore page.
Tips for Instagram SEO Optimization
Building your Instagram SEO strategy around the following factors can boost your rank and grow your visibility across the platform.
Consider the Search Text
- With your marketing goals in mind, research your niche and build a collection of keywords relevant to your brand. Learn more about your audience and what they are searching for on Instagram. Then, align your keywords to match what you would like to rank for in search results.
Know What Your Audience Wants
- You need to understand how to target the right audience. Take note of what hashtags and accounts users follow, interact with, and which posts they have viewed in the past. Once you know what your audience is looking for, focus on the content that attracts the most users.
Popular Content Only
- There are various types of content, but usually only one that is the top favorite at any given time. Currently, it happens to be short reels and videos. Go with it! Clicks, likes, shares, and saves help you rank on Instagram. This is another way for your audience to know what content is popular.
Hashtags, Hashtags, Hashtags
- Using the right hashtags and keywords helps users find you on the platform. Try different hashtags and keywords to improve your account’s visibility. You can use hashtag managers to discover, save, and organize trending hashtags within the content composer.
- Posting great content drives higher engagement, and this isn’t easy. Your content needs to be unique and tailored to your audience to gain attention from the massive competition. Short, crisp, and visually attractive is optimal for creating captivating content.
Include Keywords in Bio and Descriptions
- Adding a biography and description in your profile helps give your audience a quick introduction and overview of your interests. This is a prime location for keywords optimized for Instagram SEO. Also, add the right keywords to your captions. This will help you increase the potential to attract an audience worldwide.
Reels and Popular Audio
- Combing reels with the right music is another way to rank for Instagram SEO. Stay updated on the platform’s most popular and best-performing content and create your reels based on that. Additionally, use the reel in a hashtag and propel your rank even more.
Stay in Your Niche
- Track and monitor all of your posted content for performance and insights. This will give you an idea of your reach and engagement among the audience. You might have to change course, but don’t change your niche. Maintain consistency on your profile and stick to your niche, even if your content needs adjustment.
Time Your Posts
- There is an ideal time to post on Instagram, and there are ways to find exactly what that is for you. Learn how to check your audience’s active hours, look for the popularity of your content, and use an automatic posting schedule. This will make your content viewable at your audience’s most active times.
Establish an Instagram SEO Strategy to Increase Your Brand Prescence
Instagram users are constantly increasing, so make sure you’re keeping up with the right marketing strategy. By focusing on these Instagram SEO efforts, your brand can gain the visibility and audience it deserves.
Reach out to a digital marketing strategist to implement Instagram SEO for your brand. With the right SEO strategy, you can expand your audience reach and transform your brand’s presence quickly and effectively.
ContentFirst.Marketing has an entire SEO team invested in helping your brand grow and thrive. Learn more about how we can tailor a plan to help increase discovery and expand your brand’s reach.