You know that feeling when you meet someone and right off the bat you just “click”? On the other hand, there are also instances where you meet someone and have the exact opposite experience.
It’s usually first impressions that form your most telling and influential opinions about someone.
When we think about content, the same goes for headlines.
Coming up with a compelling, attractive headline can be more agonizing and time-consuming than writing the content itself! Even if you write stellar content, if the headline is lackluster, it’s going to get skipped right over.
A headline should entice your readers to invest their precious time in reading your content. At the same time, a headline is like a promise, and the content has to live up to that promise.
What Makes a Good Headline?
There are a few tips we can take into consideration for creating headlines. You want it to:
- Solve someone’s problem.
- Hint towards a problem they didn’t even know they had.
- Provoke this interest with a question.
- Promise something pleasurable.
- Answer the question, “What’s in it for me?”
The Headline Tool takes out the stress and strife of coming up with a catchy headline, while teaching you the secret “ingredients” to stellar headlines. So really you can also do it yourself.
I like to think of it like playing Mad Libs — you just fill in a series of questions/fields related to your topic and the tool will generate potential headlines.
In total, there are 27 fillable fields, but you don’t need to complete them all every time you use the tool.
Here’s How You Can Use Our Free Headline Tool
- Visit this link.
- Register for an account by clicking the Register link at the bottom of the page.
- Complete the fields and the system will email you a confirmation link.
- Click the confirmation link in the email.
- Return here, and log in with your account information.
- Once on the Headline Tool page, create a name for your headline project.
- On the Variables tab, you see a list of fields with prompts. Click the ? icon if you need an example of the prompt.
- Complete some or all of the fields.
- When you’re done, click the Headlines tab to see your list of suggestions.
- The system saves your project so you can come back to it anytime. You can also revise your input variables if you don’t find something that works the first time.
Pretty simple, huh? That’s Content Marketing made EASY. You’ll be a headline pro in no time!
Do you feel you might not have time for this and just want someone to do it all for you? Contact us here to schedule a business growth call, at no cost to you!
We Can Help