The end of the year is a crucial time for businesses. With a wave of holiday shopping combined with national sale days like Black Friday or Cyber Monday, consumers have been trained to reserve their biggest spending until the last few weeks of the year. It is important to establish innovative marketing strategies before the upcoming wave of commerce.
You may also want to consider rolling out your biggest promotions and marketing initiatives at the end of the year. So, before the holiday shopping season begins, take a moment to review your current digital marketing strategy and other marketing initiatives to ensure you stand out in the crowd.
Top Marketing Strategies for a Profitable Year
Creative Website Design
According to a 2021 study, 76% of consumers review a business’ website before visiting their brick-and-mortar location.
This means that your website serves as your first impression to new customers. So, make it a priority that your website has been optimized in every way, from your design to your functionality.
- Modern Website Design – More than 70% of consumers shop on their smartphones, so ensure your website has been optimized for mobile users. Especially having the ability to make online purchases.
- UX UI Website Design – Make sure that you grab your users’ attention right from the homepage. Highlight your special deals and promotions. Also, partner with a content creation services provider to ensure your content is engaging, helpful, and has a search engine optimization (SEO) backbone.
- Speed and Strength of Website – 40% of users will leave a website if it takes more than two seconds to load, and websites that load slowly cost retailers an estimated $2.6 billion U.S. dollars in sales every year. Simply put, website speed influences your web traffic and conversion rates. Therefore, ensure that your website performs well before bursts of online traffic that correlate with end-of-year marketing initiatives or promotions begin.
Benefits of Video Marketing
Video marketing has become a standard tool for businesses of all sizes, as 91% of marketers are incorporating video content into their overall marketing strategies as of 2023.
As such, it’s important to incorporate video content into your overall marketing campaigns, especially at the end of the year, to stay competitive. If you’re new to video content creation, your best bet is to partner with a video marketing services provider that can pave the way for content that resonates.
How to Create an Email Marketing Strategy
Email marketing entails more than simply sending out routine announcements about your end-of-year promotions. In today’s marketing realm, where the average person receives 121 emails per day, personalization is key to connecting with both new and established contacts on your email list.
- Tailor your messages for different audience segments – Your target audience has different needs and responds to different marketing messages, so do your research and create segmentation in your emails for the best results.
- Create dynamic content in boosting engagement – Pay particular attention to your subject line and the first pre-header or snippet, which will be the first components of your email to display in your recipients’ inbox.
- Choose your timing wisely – There are general rules of thumb for the best times to send an email (weekday mornings are traditionally best). However, this all depends on your business, your audience, and many other factors. That is why it’s a good idea to consult with our marketing services provider to determine the best timeframe to send varying emails for the best open rates and response.
Social Media Marketing: A Strategic Approach
Social media is another marketing area that can’t be overlooked when driving end-of-year business. A social media marketing services provider is your best resource for helping you provide continual content in the weeks and months to come, but in the meantime, keep these essential guidelines in mind.
- Adjust different strategies for platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, etc. – You may post video content on TikTok, images on Instagram, and verbiage on Facebook. Understand the differences between these platforms and cater to their distinctive audiences.
- Create engaging content – There are ample ways to engage users on social media, like stories, reels, and eye-catching images that generate buzz around end-of-year sales. When in doubt, look at your competitors’ social media accounts and note the posts, pictures, and other content that grabbed the most likes, shares, and overall attention.
Types of Paid Advertising
Paid advertising, or pay-per-click advertising, is another tool that is generally most profitable at the end of the year. There is a range of pay-per-click advertising (PPC) services, which vary from social media platforms like Facebook to online search engines like Google. However, there are a range of benefits to enlisting pay-per-click advertising to garner more attention as 2023 comes to a close.
Benefits of paid advertising during the end of the year
- Immediate visibility – with paid advertising, you can ensure your brand is seen during peak times when consumer interest is most likely to lead to transactions.
- Controls your target reach – PPC advertising allows your businesses to target specific demographics, behaviors, and interests, ensuring that the right people see your ads at the right time.
Tips for pay-per-click advertising on Google and social media
- For Google Ads – You can showcase product images, prices, and business names right within your search results, so be sure to take advantage of these opportunities
- For Facebook & Instagram Ads – Create engaging stories and include carousel ads and stories ads for interactive advertisements tailored for your end-of-year target audience
What Are the Best Digital Marketing Strategies for Your Business?
C1M has the answers. Ensuring a profitable year requires an expert guide for effective digital marketing strategies tailored to your unique business.
If you want to achieve ambitious end-of-year marketing goals, C1M can help. We can assist with various aspects of marketing, including social media marketing, video content creation, website design, SEO, and extensive research on the best ways to reach your target audience. Our comprehensive marketing strategy can cover every aspect of your marketing goals.
Let’s start a conversation today to discuss your goals and the best way to achieve them.
With C1M as your partner in a crowded field of competition, you can ensure that the last quarter of 2023 is your most successful yet.